Flea Market is the area at a convention is a dedicated area where fans and attendees can buy, sell, or trade various items, often related to anime, manga, comics, and other pop culture themes. These items can range from second-hand merchandise, vintage collectibles, to rare editions of manga or action figures etc.
UniCon is providing space for the communities to resel the comics, posters, figurines or other merchadise they don't need anymore.
In order to get your place during WinterCon VIII please fill in this application form. By submitting the application you agree to the WinterCon VIII Flea Market rules and event general rules.
You don't need to buy a regular ticket online, all registered resellers are subject to a discounted ticket which is available only at event entrance or via advanced payment.
Join our Flea Market by filling in an online application form before 17.12.2023. You will receive additional confirmation from the flea market organizer within a week upon application submission.
1. Reseller must provide a quality merchandise to sell in a quantity that is enough to fill the table. The goods can be placed on the table and near it, as long as it doesn’t disturb others. Merchandise have to be in accordance with the theme of the event.
2. The merchandise provided must not be dangerous, harmful, disrespectful, have a strong smell, be smearing or have inappropriate content. Food products are not allowed to be sold.
3. Each reseller is allowed to bring one assistant.
4. The reseller and his assistant can be asked to provide their ID at the entrance.
5. No more than two (2) resellers are allowed per full-sized table.
6. Resellers and assistants must buy a ticket to the event. All registered resellers and their assistants get a discount ticket (25 EUR per person), which can be bought at the entrance or paid via bank transfer (by resellers's demand). If you paid in advance and can’t attend the event the payment won’t be returned to you.
7. There is an additional fee that is based on your sales. The additional fee is 10% of the total sales made during the event. The additional fee should be given to the flea market organizer on the second day before leaving (on the two-day events) or via bank transfer informing us prior and receiving an invoice. You will receive a special envelope for the fee at the entrance, sign it and seal it.
8. Resellers must arrive before the opening (not later than 60 minutes before the doors open). At this time a picture of your table will be taken. If you are late on the day of the event – please inform the flea market organizer ASAP.
9. The preparation for “Flea Market” is going on Friday, January 12 2024 from 17:00 to 20:00 and on January 13 2024 from 8:30 to 10:30.
10. The allocation of tables for the event is done in advance by the event administration and if the reseller has any preferences about the location reseller should inform us in advance, It is important to note that once assigned, they cannot be modified or changed.
11. Resellers must be in place during the event (11:00 – 18:00). If there are good reasons to leave earlier than the agreed term, the reseller must personally notify the organizer of the Flea Market or via mobile phone (only messages). It is allowed to leave the table if there is a substitute (assistant). The table must never be left unattended!
12. The reseller or his substitute (assistant) is fully responsible for the goods and the table. UniCon staff does not take responsibility for your belongings!
13. Resellers can provide a link for their store or social media page and a square logo or picture, by filling out the application you agree UniCon administration can publish your information (shop name, logo and social media links) on UniCon’s website and/or social media for your presentation.
14. Mature (explicit, 18+) content is not allowed for public display during the event. Mature content should have appropriate covering. This may include blurring or pixelating explicit imagery, bleeping or masking offensive language, or implementing any other measures necessary to reduce the explicitness or offensiveness of the content.
15. Flea Market tables are for use by resellers of the items in their posession in single or small quanitiy (not a permanent store).
16. Only applications filled with an online form at https://www.unicon.lv/ will be considered.
17. Flea Market is limited to 26 tables.
18. No loud music that can be disruptive to your neighbors and no bright lighting that will be intrusive to your neighbors are allowed.
19. We might ask you to provide a stock report of your goods before the event and the second stock report of your remaining goods by the end of the event. Failure to provide a stock report can result in your registration cancellation and ban from future events.
Termination of registration
We reserve the right to ask you to leave the convention and refuse to refund your ticket money if you:
- Break the event / flea market rules;
- Break the laws of The Republic of Latvia;
- Are under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Damage furniture, equipment or decorations of the event;
- Behave in a disrespectful and/or provocative manner towards other participants or administration;
- Disobey the administration;
- Arrive late (or don’t show up) without informing the organizer of the Flea Market.
A participant may also be banned from further Flea Market, Cosplay, K-pop, etc participation at UniCon and WinterCon events for a duration, at the administration’s discretion.
In case of any questions related to flea market, please contact the Flea Market via email: firstname.lastname@example.org