Artists Alley is the area at a convention where up-and-coming, famous, or amateur artists can display and sell their work, draw sketches, or sell other merchandise. Typically, this area can be found at comic or anime conventions. The space provides an opportunity to network, make a profit, and gain recognition for your work.
UniCon is here to help young artists and offers them a place where they can sell their own creations, meet fans and sign autographs.
In order to get your place during WinterCon VIII please fill in this application form. By submitting the application you agree to the WinterCon VIII Artists Alley rules and event general rules.
You don't need to buy a regular ticket online, all registered artists are subject to a discounted ticket which is available only at event entrance or via advanced payment.
Join our Artists' Alley by filling in an online application form before 17.12.2023. You will receive additional confirmation from the artists alley organizer within a week upon application submission.
1. Artists must provide a quality product to sell in a quantity that is enough to fill the table. The goods can be placed on the table and near it, as long as it doesn’t disturb others. Goods have to be in accordance with the theme of the event.
2. The goods provided must not be dangerous, harmful, disrespectful, have a strong smell, be smearing or have inappropriate content. Food products are not allowed to be sold.
3. Each artist is allowed to bring one assistant.
4. The artist and his assistant can be asked to provide their ID at the entrance.
5. No more than two (2) artists are allowed per full-sized table.
6. Artists and assistants must buy a ticket to the event. All registered artists and their assistants get a discount ticket (25 EUR per person), which can be bought at the entrance or paid via bank transfer (by artist's demand). If you paid in advance and can’t attend the event the payment won’t be returned to you.
7. There is an additional fee that is based on your sales. The additional fee is 10% of the total sales made during the event. The additional fee should be given to the artist's alley organizer on the second day before leaving (on the two-day events) or via bank transfer informing us prior and receiving an invoice. You will receive a special envelope for the fee at the entrance, sign it and seal it.
8. Artists must arrive before the opening (not later than 60 minutes before the doors open). At this time a picture of your table will be taken. If you are late on the day of the event – please inform the artists alley organizer ASAP.
9. The preparation for “Artist Alley” is going on Friday, January 12 2024 from 17:00 to 20:00 and on January 13 2024 from 8:30 to 10:30.
10. The allocation of tables for the event is done in advance by the event administration and if the artist has any preferences about the location artists should inform us in advance, It is important to note that once assigned, they cannot be modified or changed.
11. Artists must be in place during the event (11:00 – 18:00). If there are good reasons to leave earlier than the agreed term, the artist must personally notify the organizer of the Artists Alley or via mobile phone (only messages). It is allowed to leave the table if there is a substitute (assistant). The table must never be left unattended!
12. The artist or his substitute (assistant) is fully responsible for the goods and the table. UniCon staff does not take responsibility for your belongings!
13. Artists should provide a link for their store or social media page and a square logo or picture, by filling out the application you agree UniCon administration can publish your information (shop name, logo and social media links) on UniCon’s website and/or social media for your presentation.
14. Mature (explicit, 18+) content is not allowed for public display during the event. Mature content should have appropriate covering. This may include blurring or pixelating explicit imagery, bleeping or masking offensive language, or implementing any other measures necessary to reduce the explicitness or offensiveness of the content.
15. Artist Alley tables are for use by creators who have artwork or other items directly related to their work for sale at their table and can’t be less than 80% of table content.
16. The sale of material or artwork produced by tracing or the use of artificial intelligence for sale at WinterCon VIII artists alley is not allowed.
17. Only applications filled with an online form at https://www.unicon.lv/ will be considered.
18. Artists Alley is limited to 138 tables.
19. No loud music that can be disruptive to your neighbors and no bright lighting that will be intrusive to your neighbors are allowed.
20. We might ask you to provide a stock report of your goods before the event and the second stock report of your remaining goods by the end of the event. Failure to provide a stock report can result in your registration cancellation and ban from future events.
Termination of registration
We reserve the right to ask you to leave the convention and refuse to refund your ticket money if you:
- Break the event / artists alley rules;
- Break the laws of The Republic of Latvia;
- Are under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Damage furniture, equipment or decorations of the event;
- Behave in a disrespectful and/or provocative manner towards other participants or administration;
- Disobey the administration;
- Arrive late (or don’t show up) without informing the organizer of the Artists alley.
A participant may also be banned from further Artist’s Alley, Cosplay, K-pop, etc participation at UniCon and WinterCon events for a duration, at the administration’s discretion.
In case of any questions related to artists alley, please contact the Artists Alley via email: firstname.lastname@example.org