The photo contest is an activity where photographers and cosplayers or models showcase their skills in the form of photography. It’s an event where the audience has the opportunity to enjoy their synergy and vote for their favourite work.
You have 3 options of how to submit your photos, which will be exhibited at the upcoming event:
As an individual person, meaning you are the only one in the photo and photos show only you in a cosplay. You can submit photos of different cosplays, but no more than 3 photos;
As a duo, cosband or group, as well as individual photos of several cosplayers, but no more than 3 photos from one person who will submit this form and will be the contact person for the UniCon staff;
As a photographer, meaning you are the author of the photos and photos can show different models and cosplays, however, no more than 3 photos from one photographer.
NB in case both photographer and models decide to participate in the contest separately, each can submit photos from the same photoshoot, however, the same photo cannot be used by both model and photographer.
NB One cosband/group is limited to one photoshoot with 3 group photos per, and if individual photos are submitted, one person still can appear only on 3 photos in total.
You may submit up to 3 photos in cosplay, after which they will be exhibited at the event.
To apply, you must:
1) Fill in online application form stating all the required information on character, model and photographer. The deadline is 2.01.2023 (email@example.com is in case you have additional questions).
2) After receiving mail with confirmation that you are selected, bring the prints to UniCon Cafe on an appointed day or on the first day of the event (till 13:00).
3) You will be able to get back your photos at the end of the 2nd day at Info stand or in the following weeks at UniCon cafe.
1) The photos cannot contain any sexual materials.
2) The photos cannot contain any indecent gestures or calls to violence.
3) The photos must be printed in a good quality on photo paper at least A4 size.
4) It is allowed to use photoshop with any restrictions. However, you cannot combine several photos into one (‘comic’ type of layout).
5) Photos must be sent to us via online application form and approved by our committee to be valid.
6) Photos that have already taken part in previous UniCon organised events are not allowed to compete.
7) One photographer cannot submit more than 3 photos; one model cannot appear in more than 3 photos. Submissions that were not agreed upon between the model and the photographer, will not be accepted and will not be exhibited at the event.
8) By sending us photos you confirm that the participation in WinterCon VII Cosplay Photo Contest is confirmed by both photographer and the model. If photos are sent without consent of any party - the person who sends photos won't be accepted for the next contest and photos won't be displayed at the event.
9) By sending us the photos you confirm that the photos are yours (made by you / or you are the model displayed on the photos) and they do not violate any 3rd party rights.
10 ) If an application was approved, but the participant failed to bring photos without prior notice within a given term - the person who sent the photos won't be able to participate in the next contest.
11) By joining the competition, you agree that photos may be used for UniCon/ WinterCon advertisement purposes.
12) Photos of previous year's competitions may be displayed in a gallery.
13) By submitting your application, you agree to follow the Photo Cosplay Contest rules.
The works that were approved and brought to us on time will be displayed at WinterCon VII, 14th and 15th of January 2023.
This year we are introducing a separate category ‘Audiences’ favourite’. With online voting and paper ballots during the event.