Welcome to the K-pop dance contest at UniCon 2020!
In this competition pre-registered dancers and dance teams will compete with performances they have prepared at home.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 27.09.2020 23:59.
Please register by following these steps:
1) Correctly fill in the online application form - can be found here.
2) In the application form, add a link to a good quality photo of the dancers you are portraying. If you are making costumes accurate to the original source, please choose a photo with those costumes in it.
3) Include a link to an mp3 music file for your number, with correct length (1, 2 or 3 min)
4) Include a link to a video recording of your rehearsal
Participants will compete in the following categories:
SOLO - 1 person. Max performance length = 1 minute
DUO - 2 people. Max performance length = 2 minutes
GROUP - 3-18 people. Max performance length = 3 minutes
Your performance has to be a K-pop or any other Asian based dance;
We also accept dances choreographed by Korean artists/choreographers, even if the music is not Kpop - make sure to note it in the application form;
We will accept no more than 80 performances;
No age restrictions;
Maximum allowed number of people on stage at any given moment is 18;
Time restrictions for solo = 1 min, duo = 2 min, group = 3 min;
Even though the costumes do not play the main role in this contest, dance teams who made costumes accurate to the reference images will get extra points;
Contest participants are eligible for a discounted ticket (can be purchased on the door).
The awards for K-pop Contest will be held at the UniCon Awards ceremony on Day 2.
Best Solo - 3 places
Best Duo - 3 places
Best Group dance - 3 places
Best Boy dance - 1 place
Best Girl dance - 1 place
Most Romantic dance - 1 place.
Most Energetic dance - 1 place.
Please follow the current COVID-19 regulations and of course if you have cold symptoms, you are required to self-isolate, to observe home quarantine or isolation, be responsible ‒ stay home!
Last but not least
By submitting your application, you agree to follow these rules fully. By sending an application you also agree to us processing your personal data with compliance to GDPR regulations, for the purpose of managing the competition and compiling statistics. Your personal data will never be misused or given to any third parties. Your submission may be revoked without prior notice at the discretion of the administration.
Please also read the following information.
The coordinators will not allow a participant to take part in the competition, if:
- They break the event rules;
- They break the laws of The Republic of Latvia;
- They are under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Any alcohol or narcotic substances are found in their possession;
- They behave in a disrespectful and/or provocative manner towards other participants or administration;
- They deliberately damage other participants’ costumes or props;
- They damage furniture, equipment or decorations of the venue;
- Their costume is unfinished;
- Their performance contains excessive aggression, calls to violence, pornography or profanity.
A participant may also be banned from further Cosplay, K-pop, Artist’s Alley, etc, participation for a duration, at the administration’s discretion.
The administration reserves the right to exclude a participant from the Cosplay and K-pop competitions without prior notice or explanation.