Dear dancers, we have great news for you! K-POP is now inseparable from our events, so during WinterCon V there will be a separate K-POP block on the main stage, as well as other activities dedicated to K-POP!
The contest will be split into two parts:
PART 1: HOMEWORK
Length: ~1 hour
Location: Main stage
Registration: by email at email@example.com
In this competition pre-registered dancers and dance teams will compete with performances they have prepared at home (just like before).
Please register by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
2) A good quality photo of the dancers you are portraying. If you are making costumes accurate to the original source, please choose a photo with those costumes in it.
3) An mp3 music file for your number, with correct length (1, 2 or 3 min).
4) A video recording of your rehearsal (can be done on your phone).
Participants will compete in the following categories:
SOLO - 1 person. Max performance length = 1 minute
DUO - 2 people. Max performance length = 2 minutes
GROUP - 3-18 people. Max performance length = 3 minutes
- Your performance has to be a K-pop or any other stylistically similar Asian based dance, with K-pop or any other stylistically similar music;
- We will accept no more than 30 performances;
- No age restrictions;
- Maximum allowed number of people on stage at any given moment is 18;
- Time restrictions for solo = 1 min, duo = 2 min, group = 3 min;
- Even though the costumes do not play the main role in this contest, dance teams who made costumes accurate to the reference images will get extra points;
- Homework contest participants are eligible for a discounted ticket (can be purchased on the door);
- 1 person can perform only once!
The awards for K-pop Homework contest will be held at the WinterCon Awards ceremony.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 23.12.2018 23:59.
By submitting your application, you agree to follow these rules fully, as well as the UniCon Cosplay Ethics code (can be found here). Your submission may be revoked without prior notice at the discretion of the administration.
PART 2: DANCE BATTLE
Length: ~1 hour
Location: Dance area
Registration: At the Dance area by the DJ
This part will consist of several small competitions, TO BE ANNOUNCED. Stay tuned!
Registration for these contests can be done on the spot for absolutely everyone who wants (you don’t have to participate in Homework contest to register for these). The more people the better! You can register solo or as a team with your friends at Dance Area DJ.
All prizes for these small competitions will be awarded on the spot! Everyone is welcome to join and have some fun!
Please also read the following information.
The coordinators will not allow a participant to take part in the competition, if:
- They break the event rules;
- They break the laws of The Republic of Latvia;
- They are under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Any alcohol or narcotic substances are found in their possession;
- They behave in a disrespectful and/or provocative manner towards other participants or administration;
- They deliberately damage other participants’ costumes or props;
- They damage furniture, equipment or decorations of the event;
- Their performance contains excessive aggression, calls to violence, pornography or profanity.
A participant may also be banned from further cosplay and k-pop competitions at UniCon and WinterCon events for a duration, at the administration’s discretion.
Also, the administration has the right to exclude a participant from the cosplay and k-pop competitions without prior notice or explanation.