We are carefully following all the developments with the COVID-19 situation. In the meantime we are continuing organisational work for UniCon 2020 to happen on 1st and 2nd of August. Our main priorities is to make the event safe and the program as rich as possible in the current state. Final decision on the event will be made in June.
GET A CHANCE TO VISIT
KOREA IN 2021!
ONLINE COSPLAY CONTEST
REGIONAL ONLINE QUALIFIER
With no conventions this summer and international contest being postponed, UniCon have the honor to host a REGIONAL online qualifier for the GICOF Cosplay At Home contest! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic spread, let’s have fun with cosplay at home!
10 countries will participate in the “Cosplay at Home” contest: Thailand, Indonesia, China, Kuwait, Latvia (including participants from all three Baltic States), Russia, USA, Spain, Taiwan, Philippines! The contest will consist of two stages:
Stage one: each country will select 3 (three) videos from the applications they got.
Stage two: out of 30 videos from 10 countries top videos will be selected.
First prize - Expenses-covered trip to Gyeonggi International Cosplay Festival (GICOF) 2021 in Bucheon, South Korea! Includes round trip plane ticket, accommodation and a chance to perform on stage during the GICOF 2021!
2nd – 5th place - a gift worth USD 500
6th – 10th place - a gift worth USD 290
11th – 30th place - a gift worth USD 120
All prizes are issued by GICOF!
* The winner's prize will be paid after deduction of taxes and the public charges.
(For overseas participants, payment will be made after tax deduction according to
the tax treaty between the relevant country and Korea.)
• Apply solo (1 person) or duo (2 persons);
• All of the cosplayers should be 18 years old by June 2021;
• All of the cosplayers have to be residents of eiter Latvia, Lithuania or Estonia.
• Video time limit: up to 2 minutes;
• Video resolution: 720p or higher (1080p or higher recommended);
• Video format: MP4, AVI/horizontal filming recommended;
• Location: limited living spaces due to the COVID-19 pandemic (e.g., home, garden, garage, etc.);
• Requirement: use at least one daily necessity used at home;
• Apply through the form on this site.
• Application deadline July 19th;
The submission of the video will be deemed an agreement to the use of the video in the Bucheon International Comics Festival;
The images, music, photos, etc. used for the video should not infringe any copyrights, and the participants shall be liable for any breach thereof;
Costumes such as overexposing or gory costumes, those that give displeasure to others or are inconsistent with the international atmosphere (the COVID-19 crisis, racial discrimination, etc.) are not allowed;
Screening and deliberation of the 30 videos from the 10 countries for the GICOF 2020 World Champion will be from July 31, 2020 to August 9, 2020;
Announcement of the rankings takes place on August 14, 2020;
Publishing of the videos by rank on the GICOF homepage and YouTube takes place on September 1, 2020.